Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Getting There


Almost two years ago, my in-laws gave me a sewing machine for Christmas. (Thanks and hugs, Regina and Barry Sr.!) A little bird told them that I kind of like that show Project Runway. Don't know what would give that little Barry, I mean birdie, that idea! ;)

So as I consider my progress - still a little afraid of clothes, but totally digging housewares - e.g. napkins, place mats, table runners and my millions of little pouches - I've come to the realization that while still a sewing novice, I'm definitely less fearful. Okay, so maybe it was a little silly to be afraid of a sewing machine, but there is a needle and a motor and lots of thread that loves to get tangled. Anyway, not perfect but so far so good. The story of my life, actually.

The top pouch is a linocut on flax linen. The bottom pouch is a screen printed gingko leaf on sage linen.

1 comment:

  1. Tweet-tweet! B^)

    These look great, bb! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete