Friday, November 13, 2009

I Love Screen Printing!


I really do love screen printing. I love mixing colors. I love the vvwweeeee sound as the squeegee moves across the nylon. I love the sense of excitement and surprise with every print. For weeks now I've been wanting to print, but the designs I've been working on were too complicated to cut a stencil or use the screen filler method. In order to work out some of my more complicated drawings I need to build a light exposure unit. Something like this piece shown on Ikea hacker would work just fine:exposure-unit-02
Anyway, I decided I couldn't wait any longer, so I came up with some super simple designs and used the old-fashioned, cut stencil method on some lovely sage linen, which I will sew into little bags. I like the results - sometimes simpler really is better - and I got my screen printing fix! Vvweeeee!

1 comment:

  1. I only saw the first pass on the pink flower designs- they look awesome! The ginko leaves look great, too.

    We'll have to keep our eyes peeled at garage sales for something we can turn into a light exposure unit.

    Great work, bb!

    ReplyDelete