Tuesday, November 3, 2009

More Project Runway

Did anybody else find it amusing that in the last episode of Project Runway Carol Hannah and Althea were wearing such similar outfits? So much of the episode was about designers copying or borrowing from each other - e.g. Althea and Logan's zipper collars, Irina and Althea's over-sized sweaters. I don't know...nothing exists in a vacuum and it seems inevitable (as Nick Verreos noted) when people are working in such close quarters that there might be an overlapping of ideas. It makes me wonder...when does something become a knock-off?

2 comments:

  1. Maybe it's my imagination, but the whole "he/she stole my idea" thing seems more prevalent this year than in past seasons.

    In a vaguely related story: Hugh Grant Halloween Hit On Matar Cohen. OK, it's got nothing to do with what you're talking about. But, I love posting links!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I saw that post about Hugh and Matar. Too funny. She has this expression like, "Wow, you're really drunk." Love Matar! I agree that the whole copying thing is happening more this season. Maybe to make up for a total lack of drama and inspiration. Some of the challenges were pretty lame. I think that Althea should have just said something to Logan instead of saying something to EVERYONE else in the workroom. Also, the over-sized sweater accusation was just silly. Irina didn't invent the over-sized sweater. Those of us who were around in the 80s are very familiar with the look.

    ReplyDelete