Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year!


Hope everyone has a safe and happy New Year's Eve.
My New Year's will involve enjoying some of my lovely Christmas presents. I'm going to make an almond cake from the Giada cookbook my sweetie gave me.

mongolia4
I'm also going to work on a painting based on an experience I had in Mongolia. Here's just a snippet because it's unfinished.

Later tonight we'll pop the bottle of champagne Barry won at his work Christmas party...

Oh, and I might wear one of the pretty things Barry gave me for Christmas. Like this pretty silk blouse:
silkblouse
That is, after I finish baking and painting of course!

All of these things are nice, but the absolute best part of my New Year's will be that I get to spend it with the person I love most in the world. I wish the same for anyone who may be out there reading this. Have a wonderful New Year's Eve, followed by a happy and peaceful new year filled with love and laughter!

1 comment:

  1. Almond cake?! Cool! I'm glad I got you that cookbook. Now, if it only had more pictures of Giada... I'M KIDDING!! I'M KIDDING!!

    I like what you've done with the painting! You were a busy bee last night.

    If you're going to wear your new blouse tonight we should probably go somewhere. You'll look to pretty to stay home.

    ...but the absolute best part of my New Year's will be that I get to spend it with the person I love most in the world.

    Me, too! I love you, bb! Happy New Year, everybody!

    ReplyDelete