Thursday, July 22, 2010

Decisions, Movement, Focus

leaf

I picked up this leaf while working out yesterday. My neighborhood has been so cold and gloomy (I know; the rest of the country's experiencing a heatwave, so I shouldn't complain.), and it was such a lovely burst of rich colors.

Sometimes, in trying to decide where to focus my energy, I become paralyzed. But if I hadn't left my cozy apartment and faced the gloom and the cold, I wouldn't have seen such beauty and rich color. More and more I'm thinking about how important it is to keep moving.

2 comments:

  1. Per our conversation last night...

    “Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit.”
    Conrad Hilton

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exactly the quote I was thinking of. Yay!

    ReplyDelete