Tuesday, March 22, 2011

I'm Finally On Etsy



Talk about being tardy for the party! I have been shopping and hearting Etsy sellers for so many years now... and I sort of knew it was just a matter of time before I started selling. For me it was a matter of making something that came only from me, and wasn't me emulating other makers/artists. It was also a matter of finding something I could make and sell at an affordable price, yet I wouldn't be working sweatshop hours to make it. Let's face it: so many of us love our cheap goods. And I'm no different. I have been known to shop the big box stores sometimes. However, I really do try to support handmade. I've decided I will continue to order my supplies from other individual Etsy sellers. I'm also going to feature more Etsy artists. There are so many talented and interesting people out there making things. It's pretty amazing when you think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment