Wednesday, March 2, 2011

My Favorite Oscar Gowns

There was a lot of pretty to look at on Sunday. Here are my favorites. Dresses that I just had a visceral response to. Not surprisingly (to me), most of my favorites were hated by the people who create the best dressed lists.

Michelle Wiliams

Love the simplicity. Love the hair. Love everything.

Florence Welch

I love how the skirt gradually gets deeper yellow, and how that bookends with her bright red hair. I also love how she stands out from everyone else.

Cate Blanchett 1

Speaking of standing out...Interesting texture and shape. Wholly original.

Mila Kunis

I love this color so much and I'm usually not big on pastels. It's just so pretty on her.

Mandy Moore

It's a little princessy, but so pretty. She also looks so elegant for someone wearing so many sequins -- NOT like an ice skater at all.

Amy Adams

I love blue and green together. It reminds me of peacock feathers and precious jewels. Speaking of jewels, I guess a lot of people didn't like her necklace, but I thought it was cool and made the whole outfit less standard.

Anybody out there have an Oscar favorite they want to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment