Monday, September 5, 2011

Color Story

tahoe
There's nothing like a change in scenery to get the creative juices flowing. This was the view from our deck when we were up in Tahoe the last week of August. The gorgeous alpine colors inspired me to pick up my much neglected sketchbook, and I made the following sketches.
tahoe sketchbook1
tahoe colors
tahoe earrings
I'm always been envious of people who have beautiful sketchbooks, but lately I've been trying to get over having a perfect looking sketchbook and accept it for what it is - a place to work out ideas.
So I ended up with a new jewelry design based on the colors of Tahoe. I think I love them!
Tahoe Earrings

2 comments:

  1. I really like the new design. Colorful yet subtle! Also, I can't wait to get back up to Tahoe! Woo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! I'm not sure if it will still be warm and sunny next month, but it will definitely still be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete