Monday, November 7, 2011

Making Monday With Something To Show

firstcoatmb1 I finished making the jacket I wrote about back in September. Yay! I made a lot of mistakes along the way, but I learned a lot too. By far, my favorite element is the hood. I lined it with an M. C. Escher silk scarf that I received in my work's holiday party swag bag. I used a combination of patterns from Built By Wendy Coats and Jackets. I love all the Built By Wendy books - so helpful for the self-taught sewer. The fabric is a wool/silk blend in cranberry. Like I said, I made a ton of mistakes but overall it was a lot of fun. After all of the time and work - much of it with a seam ripper - I feel pretty satisfied with my cute, unique jacket. firstcoatmb3

2 comments:

  1. I realize I'm totally biased- but I think you're awesome! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks! And thanks for being Michael Kors while I was modeling it.

    ReplyDelete