Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Making Monday...on Tuesday

not_olives
I spent most of yesterday morning experimenting with different types of glue and not achieving the desired results. My morning wasn't a complete waste, however, as I did manage to dye these wooden beads, which look a little like food to me. I was thinking about using them to make a garland for my booth at the holiday bazaar. I am getting SO excited about this upcoming show. It's actually affecting my sleep; not because I'm worried, but because I have so many ideas for things I want to make. Unfortunately,  inspiration only seems to hit in the middle of the night!

By the way, how do you like my cool, Lobster font? It was a freebie I picked up via one of my favorite blogs for freebies, tutorials, humor and pretty pics -  How About Orange.

4 comments:

  1. I almost ate the purple ones last night...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you mind sharing how you achieved those colors?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tom,
    Sure, I used idye, which is made by Jacquard - chartreuse and purple. I think I used about two quarts of water per packet, so the colors would be bright. No mixing, I just let the wooden beads steep in the dye.

    Also, I made a couple of necklaces for myself and the color has stayed bright but does not rub off on my clothing.

    ReplyDelete