Monday, February 27, 2012

I Need To Try This...

scalloped hem
Pin It

This scalloped hem boat neck top by Jules Reid is freaking adorable. Even at half off it's still out of my price range, but what a great project for trying out a scalloped hem. And how fun to have such a colorful top  for spring! I doubt I'd be able to find that tripendicular pattern (or if I found something similar, it could look really cheap), but I'll have to find a really nice fabric.

I have the Colette Sewing Handbook, which is where the second image is from, so I think I could use the skirt instructions as a starting point. Now if only I could finish the quilt pieces that were laid out in my living room this weekend because I really need to try this.

By the way, the Colette Sewing Handbook is a lovely sewing book. I haven't tried any of the projects yet, but the instructions and photos are really clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment