Well, it's over. Project Runway All Stars began with such a bang, but unfortunately it fizzled out like one of those firecracker snakes that sort of die towards the end. That said, I'm always impressed by what the designers can crank out in just a few days. Austin's lace dress was really special, but the rest of his collection, though interesting, seemed too narrow in scope. Of course, he did only have a few days.... Michael, on the other hand, didn't really try in my opinion. I think he knew he wasn't going to win, and he just wanted to show that he could handle losing this time without bawling like a baby. Good for you, Michael.
So congratulations, Mondo! All hail the polka dot prince. You got an even bigger prize than the one many felt you deserved in Season 8. So it all worked out.
I just think it's a shame that Lifetime couldn't give them more than a few days. It doesn't seem fair to judge their collections alongside other season finales because they weren't given a chance to renew, recharge and create a thoughtful collection.
But, hey, we got a lot out of this season:
- We learned that Kenley might actually be a decent person and not just a cat-throwing calendar girl.
- We learned that Michael, with enough advance warning, can accept a loss with dignity and composure.
- We learned that Mondo can be quite the little pill.
- We also got to spend time gazing at the spectacle that is Austin Scarlett, that marvelous creature from another planet.
- We were reminded of the awesomeness that is Rami.
- We learned that Jerell has a lot, I mean A LOT, of confidence.
- Finally, I think we all learned that the fashion biz is brutal, that designers will put themselves through a lot to stay on the public's radar.
Thanks so much to those of you who have been following along on my blog! Out of curiosity, who do you think they should cast for the next All Star edition?