Sunday, August 26, 2012

Finding a Balance

DSCN2713

After a VERY long blogging break I'm finally back! I didn't intentially set out to take such a long break. Actually, after working here and there at a number of different jobs and barely getting by I finally landed a full-time gig. It's been so long since I worked full-time; I forgot how much energy it takes - especially in the beginning when everything is so new.  And then working on the weekends at a part-time job, plus there's cooking, cleaning, shopping....

But I've really missed my creative projects. What I love about blogging is that even if you think no one is out there reading your posts, you're still publicly announcing goals, ideas, etc., which is such a good motivator to follow through. I still spend much of what little I have of free time jotting down ideas, sketching, dreaming about things I want to make, making lists. I even did make a few things these last few months. I just didn't blog about it.

So now that I'm settled in I would like to find a balance between my creative life and my work life.

For those of you who read my Project Runway posts, I had so much fun recapping and wanted to recap again, but I just didn't have the time. Maybe next season. If I were recapping I would not have had anything nice to say about Ven's response to the real woman challenge - grrr!

(P. S. The picture is something I may have posted before. I really need to update my flickr. Anyway, it's a pattern I created, inspired by sea urchins.)


No comments:

Post a Comment