Thursday, September 27, 2012

Not a Recap - LOVE that floral



kenemmys



Hello World! It's been soooo long since I've had a chance to post. And, yes, I realize that my last post Finding a Balance was all about blogging more and how creativity can sometimes go the wayside when you're busy paying the bills. Let me tell you, though, I'm so happy to be working full-time again. I think I just naturally like to be productive, which is why I tried to stay so busy making things, learning stuff, etc. So now I want to continue making things and learning stuff, but it's just a matter of finding the time. I'll figure it out.

If the above pictures look familiar to you than, like me, you're probably a huge Project Runway fan. Yes, I know many people didn't like Kenley, but I thought she really grew a lot - at least from what we saw on camera. Plus, the girl's got serious style! How many ladies went to the Emmys in a somewhat updated 1950's party dress with clunky taupe shoes? The navy dress was designed by Ven (the guy who has a problem with "real sized" women) and.... someone else, I forget. Anyway, the navy color was some lame project placement thing where they had to design a dress that was the same color as some sponsor's car.

I'm sure a lot of people will cry foul with the judging since technically she was supposed to wear the navy dress to the Emmys, and that was what the judges were supposed to be bearing in mind - i.e. is the navy dress appropriate for the Emmys? Answer: No. It's perfect for afternoon tea, church, a wedding, a cocktail or dinner party. But who cares? That floral number is just so fabulous. And let's face it. Being fabulous is always more important than the nebulous rules of some reality show.

No comments:

Post a Comment