Saturday, December 28, 2013

Ready for 2014



I know a lot of people tend to feel a bit blue around this time of the year - after the high of the Christmas season - but I love the way everything slows down. It's so nice to have a little quiet time to reflect upon the past year and establish goals for the new year.

I'm looking forward to taking some time to record this year's momentous events and that will be part 2, but for now I'll just leave you with my resolutions...

I have this habit of setting too many goals for myself and then feeling like a failure when I don't follow through. I'm definitely NOT resolving to blog more because, even though I love blogging, I know it would be too hard a resolution to keep. This year I'm keeping it simple. I resolve to cook more Moroccan food and to learn how to solder. Wouldn't you know, my sweet husband is helping me achieve those goals; for Christmas he gave me a tagine and a torch. What a doll! Anybody out there with a resolution they would like to share?

Wishing the world a very happy, peaceful, and safe New Year!

P.S. The image above was created with Paper 53 - an awesome drawing app.




No comments:

Post a Comment