Friday, May 23, 2014

I want to sew

Iwanttosew

Over the years I've made several attempts at learning to sew with varying degrees of success. I love making housewares and even made a sweet little crooked quilt once with a binding only a mother could love. I love working with color and print and thinking of fabric and shape combinations, but I struggle with the precision and discipline that making fine garments requires. Sewing is a lot of work and building the necessary skills takes, time, practice, planning, and patience. It is an evolving process and people that are really really good at it are constantly challenging themselves. That's also what's so cool about it.

Lately I've been dreaming about all kinds of things I'd like to make, fantasizing about having a paired down closet with fewer items - all pretty and well-made and meant to fit me perfectly. Nothing super complicated.

Lately I just want fewer things. Less crap.


No comments:

Post a Comment