Saturday, July 12, 2014

Sewing For My Sweetie

IMGP0370

Look what's in front of my double doors! It's a person, not a garment on a hanger! And not just any person - it's my very sweet and patient husband. He's been such a good sport about all the sewing stuff everywhere lately, so I wanted to make him something. He'd requested an orange tee-shirt to be worn on Orange Fridays - that's when the SF Giants have home games on a Friday. Makes sense, right?

IMGP0350

I used a very stable knit - like hardly any stretch. It would be too stable for me as I like soft drapey things, but it's perfect for a man's shirt. As usual, I had a little trouble with the shoulders (maybe because of the lack of stretch), but overall I like how it turned out. And it's so gratifying to make something for someone you love and know that they're not embarrassed to wear their handmade garment in public.

I used the Strathcona Henley pattern by Thread Theory, which seems to have a nice, narrow cut (I just had to grade out a little towards the bottom to accommodate the food-baby).

IMGP0351

This last picture is an "action shot." Viva Gigantes!


No comments:

Post a Comment