Monday, August 18, 2014

Claybabies - not the creepy realistic ones

IMGP0482
Hello Hello! I don't have a new sewing make to show today. I spent a ridiculous amount of time this weekend working on a pair of Maritime shorts by Grainline. I hope to blog about them just as soon as I can get the damn things to fit properly. They're ginormous at the moment.

Above is one of the bowls I made recently at my beginning ceramics class - more pics here. I guess it's actually a failure because I wound up rubbing off too much glaze, but I still like it and couldn't bear to throw it away. They're my babies! So now it holds some French salt that a friend recently brought back for me from Paris. It just makes me so happy to see useful little things I've made.

pinchbow_screengrab

And speaking of warm happy feelings...Kollabara added my pinch bowls to their superstar showcase and featured member faves. This means I currently see them in the slideshow whenever I visit the main page, which is a lot because I absolutely love to see what folks are making, discover new bloggers, sewists, jewelry designers, etc.

So that is all. I hope to have new makes to share soon. Have a lovely week.

No comments:

Post a Comment