Saturday, December 27, 2014

Holidaze


IMGP1080

Hello there! It's been a while since I posted - probably for the same reason as most, holiday rush-rush and not as much time to make stuff. I'm not complaining, though, since it involved family and friends and delicious food. Nope, no complaints here.


IMGP1079

So these oddly hazy pictures are my most recent Sutton blouse. I figure it's my good luck pattern now. :) In this case, I wanted to try upcycling again - like I did with my green V1247 - and used a thrifted maxi dress for the fabric.

IMGP0884
IMGP0887

The dress was already cute, I think, but maxis just aren't me.  I would have loved to do something super creative with the embroidered neck piece; I just didn't see a way to incorporate it. I've saved it, though, so maybe it will find its way into another garment. The fabric is quite sheer, with lace panels that sort of angled in when I cut the bias skirt for the front pieces. (Or maybe I just cut it wrong.)  I'm not modeling this because of the sheerness of the fabric. I tried to use the polyester shell that was part of the original dress for a camisole, but when I tried to wear it the camisole got all twisty and I didn't like the feel of the fabric on my skin. Maybe this would be nice over a silk camisole...

IMGP1077

And here's a pair of Hudson Pants, since I'm on a True Bias kick. These are, without a doubt, the most comfortable pants ever. And I mean ever. It makes me so happy to put these babies on when I get home from work.  Some details:
  • I used a brown french terry from Wanderlust at 6.50 per yard. When I went back to check some fiber content details, it was sold out. It's so soft and lovely and has held up really well.
  • I lopped off about 3 inches in length but then had to cut down more when adding the cuffs. So, note for next time, decrease the length by another 1.5 inch.
  • Since I'm so short, I'm actually tickled to have cuffed sweat pants that aren't too long on me. Sewing's awesome.
  • I guess the pockets gape a bit, but it doesn't really bother me. I love having pockets. And I'm wearing these for comfort.
So that's me. The holidays have been kind of kicking my butt, but I'm so, so grateful and so very excited about what's ahead of me in 2015.  Anyway, I hope you're having a wonderful time out there and wish you and yours a very happy New Year!



No comments:

Post a Comment