Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Another Sutton

IMGP1200

Hello There! Happy Hump Day. Since the weather's been so lovely (sorry, east coasters, not trying to be obnoxious), I took another break from my Pavot  for some instant gratification. This is my third True Bias Sutton blouse. You can see my other two here and here.

IMGP1209

Obviously, I'm a fan of the pattern, and since I've made two already this will probably be a short post as there's nothing new to note about the construction. I feel like I was getting to be a bit of a pattern junkie, which I'm totally okay with cuz, you know, it's way less harmful than being a real junkie, but lately I've really been enjoying playing around with the patterns I already have. What about you? Do you have any patterns that you keep going back to?

IMGP1215

The Sutton ticks a lot of boxes for me. V-neck, kimono sleeves, hi-lo hem, and no closures means no-stress sewing. I also think the back yoke/pleat and subtle shaping make it a little less boxy, and the focus on finishing in the instructions (french seams, lots of trimming, understitching) forces me to slow down and then I'm more likely to end up with a garment I'm proud of.

The fabric is a rayon blend from Fabric Outlet in the Mission. I don't remember how much I paid, but I do remember that it was 50% off, so probably somewhere around 5 or 6 dollars per yard for a two-yard project. I wore it all day and didn't notice any heavy wrinkling, which is why I suspect it's some sort of blend. We'll see how it behaves after I wash it.

So that's it for me. Enjoy the rest of your week and thanks so much for reading!






2 comments:

  1. Go-to patterns are the best and they always bring a quick sewing-fix when you need it! Your Suttons are fab...now I have a new pattern to explore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! You can't beat a TNT.

    ReplyDelete