Sunday, November 8, 2015

Laurel Greenstyle Tunic - Rerun

IMGP1740

Hi All! Hope you're having a great weekend. I haven't felt much like sewing this weekend and have been, instead, thinking about redecorating, which means that I'm also thinking about decluttering/stash busting. I love having fabric on hand whenever I feel like playing, but the reality is that I live in a one bedroom apartment. Something's gotta give.

This is going to be a quickie since I already made this pattern and just want to log some notes about some changes that worked for me. Then I'll get back to reorganizing my stash.

 IMGP1784



Last time I mentioned that I thought it was a little loose in the back, so while I still cut an extra large at the sides, I cut the shoulders, arms, and neckline at a large this time. The result is a much better fit in the back and shoulders. It's altogether a closer fit, but I think that's necessary with this type of style. I don't want to wear tight or revealing garments, but there's no need to shroud myself either. For the tunic, I cut three inches above the tunic line, so that it would fall just below my butt and did a 1/4 hem. I omitted the pockets this time. Knit pockets are cute for posing in pictures, but I never feel confident in their functionality.

I've now used all of my fabric haul from the September Fabric Outlet sale. Yay! Check it out.

IMGP1564

fall wardrobe

Clockwise from the top:
Greenstyle Laurel Tunic / Tessuti Mandy Boatneck TeeGreenstyle Laurel (as a dress) / Papercut Waver Jacket

Thanks so much for reading and have a great week!



3 comments:

  1. That looks really nice! Best part about using a pattern over again is tweaking the fit until it's just so. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reruns are always a good thing :)
    The way you go through your stash of fabric is impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Noelle and Rhonda! I'm really starting to see the value in remakes for focusing on fit. :)

    ReplyDelete