Sunday, March 20, 2016

Spring 2016

IMGP2203

Hello and happy first day of spring for those of you in the northern hemisphere. It's a bit of a soggy Sunday here in San Fran, and even though I have a project list a mile long I really don't feel like sewing right now. And if I'm not feeling it why force it? So instead, I think I'll work out my spring sewing plans - plans that involve new patterns and recent fabric acquisitions.

Mostly I've been thinking about loose linen shifts, light jackets, and button down shirts. I'll probably throw in some tee shirts as well - the Tessuti Mandy and the Maria of Denmark Kirsten Tee.

3_2016_deer and doe_lupin

First off, is the Lupin by Deer and Doe - a cropped bomber/moto hybrid. The Anthro version in the center is for color inspiration, though I do love the ribbed cuffs. Hmmm. I have earmarked a khaki silk/wool blend that I picked up a couple of years ago from the remnants floor at Britex. The bright green floral is a Japanese lining fabric from Fabric Outlet.

3_2016_deer and doe

Next up is the Deer and Doe Melilot in a Cotton and Steel rayon. Even though I fall outside of the Deer and Doe size range, I've had good experiences in the past with adjusting D&D to fit me. I'm especially attracted to the hidden button placket.

3_2016_deer and doe short sleeve

I have a short sleeve Melilot blouse in mind as well with this cheerful cotton lawn. Without the sleeves the dropped shoulder creates a nice kimono sleeve shape, which also means no sleeve setting headaches. 


 3_2016_deer and doe salamanca

New Itch to Stitch and D&D releases came out within days of each other, so I was really torn between the Lupin jacket and the Salamanca jacket. As a result, I did what I usually do when in doubt: I bought both. I'm thinking it would be great in linen, unlined with Hong Kong bound seams. The brown on top is a nice neutral and a nice weight, but I'm not 100% sold on it.

3_2016_deer and doe_shift

Speaking of being torn, I really want to make a shift dress for the summer but I can't decide on the pattern. I've narrowed it down to Seamwork's Kenedy or Hot Patterns's Plain and Simple Shift. I like that the HP pattern has a v-neck option and a back yoke, but I'm also intrigued by the trapeze shape of the Kenedy. I'm considering the seersucker-like, textured cotton with a check/stripe pattern for this.

So that's what I have on my mind right now. I wonder how much of this I'll actually complete before I change my mind or become distracted by bra-making or a new pattern release. ;)  What's on the agenda for your spring/summer sewing?





No comments:

Post a Comment