Monday, March 13, 2017

Celeste Undies


Hello and happy Monday to you. I had a very relaxing weekend and hope you did as well. The seemingly nonstop rain has finally stopped, and it's starting to feel like spring. Spent a mellow Saturday afternoon replenishing my underwear drawer with Ohhh Lulu Celeste undies. (You're going to have to endure an entire post of me trying to dodge the "p-word." I'll say drawers, knickers, undies, smalls...anything but (shudder) "panties.")

Ohhh Lulu offers a free version of this cute bikini, and I can never resist a free underwear pattern. This one is super easy and fun. So fun that I was a bit bummed when I discovered that I didn't have a lot of large-enough scraps and was frantically going through my clothes, looking for t-shirts I never wear that I could cut up and repurpose.


So, the blue ones are from scraps, and the two green pairs are made from t-shirts that were heading for the Goodwill pile. Last week I took BART to the Mission on my lunch hour for a quick shop at Fabric Outlet--that's Cali-fabric to you online shoppers. I've decided that foldover elastic is overrated and what I really love is picot edge elastic. So I bought 10 yards each of of cream and black for next to nothing. I like having it on hand when I'm in an underwear-making mood.


I guess there's not that much else to say. Here are the deets:

  • Started with the XL and wound up cutting the side seam (between XL and L) in half on all pattern pieces. 
  • I like the full bum and full crotch coverage. Sorry if that's oversharing. 
  • I need to practice sewing the picot so that only the edge shows on the other side. I think they're still cute, though
  • Sewed the first pass at 3.0/2.5 zigzag and the second pass at 4.0/3.0. Seemed to work out okay
I'm already looking forward to making more. In fact, I picked up some super skinny satin ribbon today to make little bows. I think that would look really pretty at the center front. 

Have a lovely week, everybody! 


2 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so glad its not just me that hates that word! I try to avoid it but I've come to the conclusion I have to find a way past it as it is used so often. I'm loving your Celeste knickers! Good idea repurposing stuff that was going to be donated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Stevie! It's funny how some words can strike a chord. I also don't like "rompers" and "playsuits" (to describe clothing for grown women) and I hate the word "slacks." :)

    ReplyDelete