Sunday, November 8, 2015

Laurel Greenstyle Tunic - Rerun


Hi All! Hope you're having a great weekend. I haven't felt much like sewing this weekend and have been, instead, thinking about redecorating, which means that I'm also thinking about decluttering/stash busting. I love having fabric on hand whenever I feel like playing, but the reality is that I live in a one bedroom apartment. Something's gotta give.

This is going to be a quickie since I already made this pattern and just want to log some notes about some changes that worked for me. Then I'll get back to reorganizing my stash.


Last time I mentioned that I thought it was a little loose in the back, so while I still cut an extra large at the sides, I cut the shoulders, arms, and neckline at a large this time. The result is a much better fit in the back and shoulders. It's altogether a closer fit, but I think that's necessary with this type of style. I don't want to wear tight or revealing garments, but there's no need to shroud myself either. For the tunic, I cut three inches above the tunic line, so that it would fall just below my butt and did a 1/4 hem. I omitted the pockets this time. Knit pockets are cute for posing in pictures, but I never feel confident in their functionality.

I've now used all of my fabric haul from the September Fabric Outlet sale. Yay! Check it out.


fall wardrobe

Clockwise from the top:
Greenstyle Laurel Tunic / Tessuti Mandy Boatneck TeeGreenstyle Laurel (as a dress) / Papercut Waver Jacket

Thanks so much for reading and have a great week!


  1. That looks really nice! Best part about using a pattern over again is tweaking the fit until it's just so. ;-)

  2. Reruns are always a good thing :)
    The way you go through your stash of fabric is impressive!

  3. Thanks, Noelle and Rhonda! I'm really starting to see the value in remakes for focusing on fit. :)